November 1, 2019 - Beykent University
Call for papers
On behalf of the organizing committee, we would like to invite you to participate in the Istanbul Finance Congress (IFC-2019), on November 1 2019, at Beykent University, Taksim Campus, Istanbul. The Congress brings together many distinguished researchers, academics and professionals from all over the world. Participants find an opportunity to present new researches, exchange of information, and discuss current issues. The Congress will be hosted by Beykent University at Taksim Campus in Istanbul. The Congress manuscripts will be published in PressAcademia Procedia. The participants are also welcome to submit extended papers to PressAcademia journals.
For your submissions and questions [email protected]
Check the IFC-Template_2019 before your submission.
Congress Honory President
- Prof. Dr. Murat Ferman, Beykent University
- Prof. Dr. Turgut Ozkan, Beykent University
- Prof. Dr. Suat Teker, Isik University
- Prof. Dr. Murat Ferman, Beykent University
- Prof. Dr. Suat Teker, Isık University
- Prof. Dr. Turgut Ozkan, Beykent University
- Prof. Dr. Dilek Teker, Isik University
- Prof. Dr. Emin Akcaoglu, Beykent University
- Prof. Dr. Ozgur Omer Ersin, Beykent University
- Dr. Sıtkı Sonmezer, Beykent University
- Dr. Gulay Selvi Hanisoglu, Beykent University
- Res. Assist. Ferhat Orman, Beykent University
- Res. Assist. Ümit Tura, Beykent University
- Res. Assist. Özgür Kıyak, Beykent University
- Res. Assist. Barış Batuhan Gecit, Beykent University
- Zafer Acar, Piri Reis University
- Burcu Adiloglu, Istanbul University
- Nurhodja Akbulaev, Azerbaijan State University of Economics
- Emin Akcaoglu, Beykent University
- Vedat Akman, Beykent University
- Ramazan Aktas, TOBB University
- Elcin Alp, Istanbul Commerce University
- Sudi Apak, Beykent University
- Ulas Baysal, Istanbul Technical University
- Niyazi Berk, Bahcesehir University
- Mehmet Fuat Beyazit, Bilgi University
- Sebnem Burnaz, Istanbul Technical University
- Thomas Coe, Quinnipiac University
- Isabel Creuaznacher, EBS University of Economics and Law
- Adnan Celik, Selcuk University
- Isik Cicek, Mediterranean University
- Cumhur Ekinci, Istanbul Technical University
- Metin Ercan, Bogazici University
- Metin Kamil Ercan, Gazi University
- Ozgur Omer Ersin, Beykent University
- Çiçek Ersoy, Istanbul Technical University
- Bengi Ertuna, Bogazici University
- Ozer Ertuna, Bogazici University
- Saygin Eyupgiller, Isik University
- Emine Aysen Gencer, Beykent University
- Robert Grosse, American University of Sharjah
- Timur Han Gur, Hacettepe University
- Klaus Haberich, Franklin University
- Guly Selvi Hanisoglu, Beykent University
- Kabir Hassan, New Orleans University
- Mahmut Kabakci, Istanbul Technical University
- Omer Kalav, Beykent University
- Mehmet Kaytaz, Isik University
- Celal Kepekci, Beykent University
- Yunus Kishali, Beykent University
- Mithat Kiyak, Okan University
- Coskun Kucukozmen, Izmir University of Economics
- Nihat Kucuksavas, Beykent University
- Bento Lobo, University of Tennessee
- Dominik Mahr, Maastricht University
- Huseyin Mert, Okan University
- Ghassan Omet, Jordon University
- Turgut Ozkan, Beykent University
- Mustafa Ozmusul, Harran University
- Ozgur Öztürk, Istanbul Technical University
- Oguz Ozyaral, Rumeli University
- Selahattin Sarı, Beykent University
- Ilker Kiymetli Sen, Istanbul Commerce University
- Selime Sezgin, Bilgi University
- Wei Shyy, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Robert Strom, Kauffman Foundation
- Cagdas Sirin, Bahcesehir University
- Mehmet Tanyas, Maltepe University
- Oktay Tas, Istanbul Technical University
- Mehmet Sukru Tekbas, Turkish-German University
- Dilek Teker, Isik University
- Mustafa Turhan, Okan University
- Ahmet Ulusoy, Beykent University
- Burc Ulengin, İstanbul Technical University
- Hans Wissema, Delft University of Technology
- Onur Yarar, Okan University
- Hakan Yetkiner, Izmir University of Economics
- Ahmet Yuksel, Beykent University
- Ugur Yozgat, Marmara University
Are either abstracts or full papers going to be published in Procedia?
Only full papers will be published in the Procedia.
How can I publish my manuscript on the conference journals?
You may submit your conference paper to the conference journals and it may get published after a review process. All publications on the conference journals get a 50% discount on the regular publication fee.
May I present my paper in Turkish written in English?
Accepted papers in English are going to be presented in English.
May I submit my conference paper via e-mail?
You may e-mail your paper to [email protected] for submission.
Is a participation certificate going to be provided for the authors presented papers?
Yes. A participation certificate is going to be provided for each registered participant. For papers with multiple authors, only the author who presents at the conference is eligible to receive the certificate.
Am I going to be able to publish my conference paper in a conference journals?
Yes. You can submit your paper to one of the conference journals. Your submission must be compatible with the writing rules and format of the journal. After a referee evaluation process, all papers will to be published in the conference journals by getting a 50% discount on the regular fee. All publications will receive DOI numbers.
Are conference journals international and accountable for academic appointments?
Yes. All conference journals are placed in many international search indexes, e.g. EconLit, EBSCO, ISI, etc. Each article published in these journals gets a DOI number.
IFC-2019 will be hosted by Beykent University at Taksim Campus on November 1, 2019, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Registration fee includes lunches, gala dinner, coffee breaks and snacks, conference bag, publication in Procedia, name tags, congress program booklet, tickets for conference activities, participation certificates and discount for papers to be published in the congress journals.
- The fees shows the fees per person per paper. 50 Euros needs to be added for each additional paper.
- Registration fee includes Value-Added-Taxes (VAT).
- All papers presented in the Congress will be published on the PressAcademia Procedia. If authors prefer to publish on the conference journals, they get a 50% discount for publications after the referee review process.
- The copy of university identification cards are needed to be mailed if the registration discount is applied.
“Dismantling of Globalization”
Prof. Taner Berksoy |Piri Reis University
Graduated from Istanbul Faculty of Economics. He started his academic career at Ankara Hacettepe University. He received his PhD from the University of Cambridge / England. He became an associate professor at Hacettepe University. He joined Marmara University in 1987. In 1988 he was promoted to full professor. He served as Dean of Bilgi University, Bahçeşehir University and Okan University. Since 2014, he has been the Director of the University of Social Sciences at Piri Reis University and the Head of the Department of Maritime Business.
“Information Anywhere, All we need is wisdom”
Dr. Seref Oguz | Journalist – Author
Şeref Oğuz (1955) graduated from Istanbul University, Faculty of Economics, and received his master’s degree in Statistics and Social Politics from the same faculty and his PhD in economics. After his doctorate, he made researches on ”Sufficent Knowledge”at the University of London. Oğuz started his journalism career in Sabah Newspaper in 1970 and after his education, he returned to his career as the Economy Director of Tercüman Newspaper. He worked as Günaydın Newspaper Regional Responsible Editor, Meydan Newspaper Economy Director, Milliyet Newspaper Economy Director and Channel 6 and Yeni Yüzyıl top manager respectively. For 11 years, he served as the Economic Director and writer of Sabah Newspaper. Şeref Oğuz, who has been researching information economy, new economy and change for 23 years, is one of the founders of Internet Society. He directed the first major Turkish newspaper Milliyet.com on the Internet, where he contributed to the recognition of SMEs and our economic power in Anatolia with the 2 Anatolian Tigers ”project for two consecutive years. 1996 June, the first virtual rally in the world. He focused on the “Internet for All Schools” project, which he developed for computer-aided education 30 years ago. Since 1996, Oğuz has had numerous articles, articles and interviews on bodyless freedom and virtual culture. In 1999, he was appointed as the New Economy Consultant at Koç Holding. He served as senior manager at Koç Holding Information Group. He has been teaching Virtual Culture courses at Bilgi University’s e-mba and he is currently running “Economic Outlook” and “After the Day” programs in Bloomberg and “Economy Club” program in Ekotürk.
“Politic, Economic and Social Life Approaching Year 2020”
Prof. Emre Alkin | Altinbas University – Vice President
Prof. Alkin was born in 1969 in Istanbul. He graduated from Saint-Michel French High School in Istanbul. B.A. from Istanbul University Faculty of Economics English Economics in 1991. Same year he was accepted as an research assistant to the Istanbul University Faculty of Economics. He recieved title of associate proffesor in theory of economics when he was doing his military services in 1997, as a project officer in F-16 Tactical Aircraft Systems. Prof.Dr. Emre Alkin wrote books about risk management and financial institutions and he was on board of management and worked as consultant for several invesment companies. He became a professor in 2002. He participated in business development of Cukurova Holding, Anadolu Industry Holding, Dogan Holding and Altınbaş Holding in various sectors. Emre Alkin worked as economy commentator for TV Channels such as TV8, FOX, CNNTURK and CNBC-E and wrote columns for newspapers. Between 2000-2014 he was on a duty in Secretary General of Turkish Exporters Assembly, Member of National Tax Council, Secretary General of Federation of Captive Finance Companies, Secretary General of Turkish Football Federation and member of UEFA Marketing Committee. Today he is non-executive board member of Galatasaray Inc. Prof. ALKİN give lectures and also there are books written by himself in Turkish and English. He held various positions in GSM and Telecommunication, International Financial İnstitutions, Payment Systems, Energy and Iron-Steel Industry. Furthermore, He gives economy classes at the Altınbaş University and continues its mission as Vice President. He still takes part in international projects about payment systems and financial management. Today, Prof. Alkin is Columnist in the business newspaper DUNYA and have 2 best seller novel in Turkish about socio-economics and writes about new dimensions in the business life in various magazine. He has two sons and speaks French and English.
“ Thoughts on Financial Crises: Investor Psychology and Financial Stability”
Assoc. Prof. K. Evren Bolgün |Ozyegin University, Instructor
Evren Bolgun completed his undergraduate education in Marmara University business administration department, his Master’s degree is in Istanbul Technical University faculty of business administration. He finalised his Phd. in Marmara University Banking & Insurance Institute with a thesis of Risk Management concepts & measurements models on the banking institutions from the perspective of Turkish Experiences. He became an Associate Professor in 2008 at Bahçeşehir University. He has continued professional career in the Treasury departments of brokerage houses & private banks from 1994 and further working experiences in Yapı Kredi Bank in 2002 with the studies in the field of “Risk Management”. Between 2005 and 2006 he has worked as a Management Consultant under Peppers & Rogers Consultancy company with a “Business Process Improvement and Risk Management” projects abroad. Since 2002, he has been continuing his academic studies with seminars, seminars and courses given by undergraduate and graduate students at private universities (Kültür University, Kadir Has University, Yeditepe University, Boğaziçi University, Bilgi University, Özyeğin University). Between 2006 and 2011 he continued his professional career as Is Investment Risk Management Manager. He has deep experiences in the project integrations with several banks by foreign consultancy companies in the areas of Market Risk Management, Asset-Liability Management, Portfolio Risk Management and Operational Risk Management. In 2011, Notus Asset Management was established with three partners and fully exited to Azimut International Group at the end of 2015. Since 2015 he has focused on the education in finance projects and financial advisory activities in the Banks Association of Turkey, BORFIN E-Learning Webinar Platform added with boutique designed Financial Institutions / Corporate Sector trainings. He is still working as economy program producer and moderator in the Ekotürk TV’s with Perspective and Last Session broadcasts every working day.
View accepted manuscripts
Istanbul Finance Congress 2019 / Beykent University
* Discounted category is for students and research assistants only.